Gum disease is a serious condition that is hard to take care of on your own. That’s why we’re here to help for Periodontics.
Why choose us?
If you think you might have Periodontics gum disease or even just feel you need some extra help with your cleaning, call us today so we can help you make an appointment to see Hadel. You’ll soon see why our patients love her so much and agree it’s the gentlest clean they’ve ever experienced.
More information on Periodontal Disease
The periodontium is the foundation of your teeth. Like the foundations of a house, if this foundation is undermined, the teeth will move, collapse or simply become loose, leading to infection and possibly requiring extraction.
Periodontal disease can take on many different forms, but is always a result of the interaction of your bodys reaction to a bacterial attack. Everybody will react differently to the same bacteria. There is a very strong genetic link that determines the amount of destruction that occurs.
Surveys have concluded that approximately 80% of the population has some form of disease with approximately 25% having extensive disease.
Periodontitis is responsible for
- Loss of attachment to the tooth leading to loose teeth
- Bad odour in the mouth
- Recession of the gums leading to an unattractive “long in the tooth” look
- Frequent bleeding of the gums
- Gum abscesses and pain
Periodontitis could be linked to
- Increase the chance of heart attacks
- Increase the chance of strokes
- Increase the chance of diabetes or making diabetes uncontrollable
- Increase in gastro intestinal problems
- Increase in low birth weight babies
If you need some extra help our skilled hygienist will work with you to fight gum disease.
Suite 3, 20 Somerset Ave Narellan NSW 2567
Connect with Us